Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Deluge

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jeephorn

jeephorn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:20 PM

Early this week, I was suddenly and inexplicably assaulted by a host of pop-up ads and redirects to sites like systemdoctor.com and winantiviruspro.com which also attempted (and probably succeeded) in installing some software on my machine before I had a chance to terminate the internet connection.

Since then, I've been battling to get this crap off my system. I've run AdAware and Spybot S&D along with AVG, and that has helped, but the problems keep cropping up. At last, I disabled Internet Explorer, which was being used by the programs (I use Firefox as my primary browser), but this has only resulted in a stalemate between me and the malware, which remains present. I have detected files like jkhff.dll and mljjijj.dl which were installed at the time of the initial pop-up onslaught, but I have not been able to remove those files.

I'd like to know what else I can to get this crap out of my computer. I can post a HiJackThis log if you need it.

~*Topic moved to a more appropriate forum*~ rigel

Edited by rigel, 27 April 2007 - 10:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:55 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer jeephorn,

Follow the instructions on how to to Remove Systemdoctor 2006.

Then download and install SUPERAntiSpyware and run it in in Safe Mode.
Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 jeephorn

jeephorn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 11:42 AM

Thanks. I downloaded SuperAntiSpyware, and that cleared a lot of stuff out. I also downloaded VundoFix which finally got rid of the jkhff and mljjijj files and another file I wasn't aware of. My computer seems to be running much more smoothly now.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:34 PM

Good job jeephorn. :thumbsup:
Did you use the removal instructions set out Here in our Spyware and Malware Removal Guides?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users