Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Free Pro Tools Replacement

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:29 PM

What I am trying to do is hook my Bass and Electric Guitars to my PC. i am going to pick up the adapter later tonight. Ive done it before using ProTools Free which is no longer available. I would like a replacement program that is open source. I already have Musix (Linux OS) and the new JackLab Alpha release (Linux OS) but I would like a Windows program so I can continue to run F@H. Any ideas?

hopefully the Bass wont blow my PC up as Ive only done this with 6 Strings before. :thumbsup:

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:24 PM

See here: DAW Software

Audacity is the only one that is listed as open source, but I'm not sure that it has enough functions for what you are looking for. Maybe others such as the Kristal Audio Engine or Quartz Audiomaster might suit your needs better.

#3 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:40 PM

thanks hillbillygreek audacity works awesome and im getting the hang of Kristal. Plenty of effects and good functionality for both.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users