Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hotmail - Sign on problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jav

jav

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:33 AM

Was wondering if anyone had any ideas my I cannot log onto hotmail from my home computer, but when I use my work computer, I can log onto my account with no problems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:36 AM

Did you recently change something with your home system?? Could you log into Yahoo before? What happens when you try to log in from home? Do you get an error message? What is the error message?

#3 jav

jav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:40 AM

No error message appears, it looks as if the page is loading but thats all it does. For a while I could go through the msn.co.uk page and it would eventually get me to my inbox but even that has stopped. The weird thing is that on my work pc i can access it fine. One other thing to note is that my mate can log onto his hotmail account from my home pc with no probs.???

Thanks

ps. Msn messenger works fine except from accessing my email inbox!

Edited by jav, 14 January 2005 - 10:41 AM.

#4 claire

claire

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:45 AM

No error message appears, it looks as if the page is loading but thats all it does. For a while I could go through the msn.co.uk page and it would eventually get me to my inbox but even that has stopped. The weird thing is that on my work pc i can access it fine. One other thing to note is that my mate can log onto his hotmail account from my home pc with no probs.???

Thanks

ps. Msn messenger works fine except from accessing my email inbox!

i have been geting the same problem scince just before christmas,the only way that i have been able to get into my hot mail is by typing into my google search bar : msn web messenger and clicking "start messenger " and then accessing the hotmail from there.usually by clicking on the e-mail icon at the top of the box.

today though i tried reading my e-mails again in msn messenger and it still froze up on me,so i just clicked on the little green go box at the end of the address bar and it worked for me!!

other than that i havent got a clue what is going on with it...lol

good luck,hope this helps for you... :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users