Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Subtitles In Wmp + Langauge Packs For Wmp/itunes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tigermunky

tigermunky

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:36 PM

These are two issues that I have spent months trying to find a solution to but have failed.
So I come to you guys...

1. Several months ago my motherboard fried and needed to be sent to the repair shop. All was fixed and windows was reinstalled. But since then I have found that whenever I watch subtitles on a DVD they will appear in the centre of the screen rather than at the bottom as normal.
Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
The DVD menus are off too. I will have to click about 2 or 3 inches above the onscreen buttons to actually get them to work.
It's as though the subtitles and buttons have been shifted several inches up.

Obviously this makes watching foreign language films difficult as I can rarely see the subtitles.

2. This one is slightly more simple and yet I haven't been able to fix it.
Any idea how to get language packs to work with WMP/Itunes?
I have alot of Japanese songs which only come up as [][][][][][][] due to the applications not recognising the characters. I have installed all the relevant language packs I can find and the text shows up perfectly fine in every other aspect of Windows (IE/FF, Word Processing Aps, etc). I assume that there is a language pack specific to WMP/Itunes.
Can anyone point me in the right direction. I have done the obvious Google searches but haven't been able to find anything which works.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:04 PM

have you tried watching a dvd with other software on your computer besides windows media player? Thats all I can think of, sorry, but I use windvd and subtitles work (I cant get wmp to do anything right)

#3 tigermunky

tigermunky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:10 AM

Yeah, I should have mentioned that the subtitle problem affects ALL my dvd software. I haven't tried windvd, I may see if this software is any better.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users