Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introducing Meself To Yinz

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lambert58

Lambert58

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:10 PM

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]
How Yinz doing out here in the vastness of the www. Me, should be working right now, but, it's Friday and hard to focus. Stumbled across this site a few times and looks like todays the day I registered. Yep, I got me a virus, trojan. But, thats for later when I get home and can do something more than make it worse.

By day, I work with people. I have the kind of job that when I tell others what it is I do, and that's a big IF - usually say I work as a sales rep for any non discript product I think of at the time, the usual response is, that must be hard. Then, quickly followed by ""maybe you can help me, I have a friend who has a child......" I am a social worker and advocate for children who are/have been victims of serious abuse. So, days filled with dealing directly with the ugliness that people would rather not know about. Then, pretty much do a lot of nothing, except surf the net, although just got the home connected to the www afer many years, Social Workers - we make the big bucks :( - or listen to music or go see live music. Not as much of the going out as there used to be.
So, I consider myself fairly techno challenged, although I am learning and loving the learning process.
Likes, Art. music film, paint, photo, sculpture, pretty much anything
except watercolors of pretty trees. Actully, pretty in general is not my thing. Tend to be more interested in the darker images, those that show the twisting of the soul even. I guess I ask WHY way to often. Well, mainly for work, been working for years on curtailing it outside of work. So, music, years back wwas in a punkrootsrastarawkabilllygarage type thing, very eclectic. Not much for pop music, Opera, symphony, or boy bands. Like to hear the story as told throuigh mucis by those who lived it, especially the gloom despair agony and heartbreak, such as Hank Sr, Patsy, Nick Cave, Tom Waits, Allejandro Escovedo, Amy Winestonre, Dave Alvin, Joy Division, Punk Rock of the 77 - 85 variety, rockabilly like robert gordon, trash metal galm. Film - avante garde, just wantce teh fils of ManRay from the 30's. Love Jim Jarmusch, Penelope Spheris, Cassevettes.
So, in general, thats me. Oh Yeah, I love the Pittsburgh Steelers more than most things. Ride a harley, have a jeep wagoneer - old - generally like older rather than newer. Thrift stores over malls. Love the underdog and hate hypocrites.
yep, I'm a basket case and love every minute of it. As to why people create dang viruses, well, if its to frustrate the frustrated like myself, then they suceeded. Probably a 6th grader out there with a big smile on his face. I don't know much, but I know enough not to put any personal info on my puter. Sighhhh.
I better at least start to look busy, I had no intention of rambling on like this......It's Friday morning......
Lambert58 no time to spell check - gotta take a call, I'll be checkin in
OH yeah, lovwe to read, especially Bukowski and the beat poets/writers of the 50- 70's ond other lords of Gonzo writing from the gutters of infamy.

Edited by Lambert58, 27 April 2007 - 12:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:26 PM

Posted Image Lambert58
It's good to see you here as a member :thumbsup:
Btw..... if you had closed the tab at the end of your longgggg intro, the formatting would have worked.
[/font] is all you needed to add.
Just joking about the longggggg intro Posted Image
You say what you want.... it's your intro.

BBPP6nz.png

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:34 PM

Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

:thumbsup:

to the board.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#5 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:15 PM

Hello & welcome to BC,Lambert58

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#6 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:49 PM

Posted Image
Welcome to Bleeping Computer Lambert58!

Just to echo what Starbuck has already said:
For your post, you need to close the BBCode tags to get the desired effect.

Here's a great article on using and understanding BBCode.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/4872/bb-code-help/

Have a nice day.

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users