Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usernv Error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gadailey

gadailey

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:08 PM

I keep getting this warning in my applications event log.
Can someone explain to me what it is and how I can fix it?

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1517
Date: 4/26/2007
Time: 10:57:07 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: MAIN
Description:
Windows saved user MAIN\Admin registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:19 PM

You should be able to fix it with the utility to download here...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

If that doesn't work, see below.

According to Microsoft, this happens when services run in a user account instead of LocalService or NetworkService.

Make sure you "Default User" account is listed also. Sometimes admins delete accounts and they delete this account. (Right-click Start, hit Explore, and verify it is there.)

Make sure you add SYSTEM, LocalService and NetworkService and grant them full control on the folder. Make sure the folders under this folder receive the same rights.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:38 PM

I get this error on a lot of XP systems - it has to do (as jwinathome says) with a service that's running as a user account. I haven't figured out which program it is, but it's gotta be a common one with the number of errors that I've seen.

At times the User Profile Hive Cleanup Service will fix it, but at times it won't. I haven't seen this error cause any significant problems, although it does have the potential to corrupt your registry (and can, therefore, cause problems with starting Windows).

I'd be interested to know the results of your troubleshooting!

Good luck!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 gadailey

gadailey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:48 PM

I will try that. I also keep having problems with websites-I can usually access them, but when it comes to downloading or uploading something, it freezes up. Could that be related to my current problem?

I am also getting this warning in application event log:
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: WinMgmt
Event Category: None
Event ID: 63
Date: 4/26/2007
Time: 6:26:32 AM
User: MAIN\Admin
Computer: MAIN
Description:
A provider, OffProv11, has been registered in the WMI namespace, Root\MSAPPS11, to use the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Thanks for all your help!

#5 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:07 PM

Here is a page devoted to that error...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891642

I don't believe it would be causing a conflict, but perhaps someone with a better knowledge may say differently.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:59 AM

In general, Warnings are just that - warnings that something isn't quite right, but it won't cause an error condition to pop up on the system. Seen in conjunction with Errors, warnings may give you valuable clues to locating the cause of the Error.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users