Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java On Vista

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Supermart57

Supermart57

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:04 PM

I've tried a couple of times to instal Java on my Vista machine. I get the error message "Error applying transforms. Verify that the verified transform paths are valid".

Then a second message "1.6.0/jre - 6ul - windows - i586 - jc.xpi failed with -203"

It happens when I use Firefox or IE7 so it is not browser related What does this mean? I thought Java was Vista compatible and the lack of it has caused me a difficulties on a couple of websites.

I am using Kaspersky Internet Security, would this cause a problem?
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:15 PM

Have you tried to install the latest Java Runtime Environment? (Version 6, Update 1 available for free from here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp ) Is Java/JavaScript enabled in your browser? If so, what pages do you get the errors on? My Vista has Java enabled on both IE7 and FireFox.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:06 PM

Have you done this to install Java?
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • The page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u1-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#4 Supermart57

Supermart57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:33 AM

Well I don't know what happened on previous occasions, obviously it did not instal properly but I went through the download and manual instal routine yet again and this time it worked. So thanks for the advice :huh:
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers

#5 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:36 AM

Your welcome :huh:

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators