Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Connect Using Broadband

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 idk

idk

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:12 AM

Hello I was using the internet a week ago when it suddenly stopped working. I thought it was something wrong with my broadband provider so I didn't do anything. Few days later I tried to connect to internet and it still didn't work so I called up broadband helpline. The helpline said there wasn't any network issues.

The adsl light on the broadband modem router was not lit but the lan was lit. I also couldn't go to the router through the default gateway. The helpline told me to go to start menu>run>cmd>ipconfig. I saw that 'connection-specific dns suffix' and 'default gateway' part was empty. They suggests there's something wrong with the router or computer because the computer is not picking up the router which it should normally detect it automatically.

Without broadband I have to use dialup which the broadband company also supplies to connect to the internet and it's really slow.
I used a Conexant router for broadband.
Please help if you have any suggestions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:45 AM

Simply turning the modem off for about 30 secs then turning it back on quite often fixes things. If not, you could try resetting it by poking a paperclip in the tiny hole in the back and starting from scratch.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 idk

idk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:00 PM

Thanks for reply I've tried all that if it worked then I wouldn't post a topic in this forum.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:07 PM

It appears that you already know the problem. Try a different router/modem. Until you rule out that as a problem, then there isn't much else to suggest. :thumbsup:

#5 idk

idk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:08 AM

OK thanks for your time.

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:37 PM

By chance did you add a router to you modem at the time it stopped working?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users