Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Accessibility Button Notifier

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:49 AM

While playing around with accessibility options a while ago, this image Posted Image
popped up and is now stuck permanently on my screen,
Can't move it or get rid of it even tho' I've cleared everything out of accessibility options.

Any clues????

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:50 AM

I suspect that it has something to do with "HotKeys" on your computer. What's the make and model of the system?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 rowal5555

rowal5555

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:58 PM

HP Pavilion a1555a. XP Pro

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:40 AM

Open Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and click on the Processes tab.
Locate hkcmd.exe in the list, right click on it and select "End Process"
Select "Yes" on the confirmation dialog.

Does this eliminate it?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 rowal5555

rowal5555

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:23 PM

Thanks John

It wasn't showing up in Processes so I checked thru Services and couldn't find anything relevant there. Did a MSCONFIG startup check and nothing there either so rebooted and it seems to have disappeared for the moment. Good thing too as having something immovable stuck on the screen drives you crazy.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:05 AM

"Nothing succeeds like success!" :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users