Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Administrator Access On A Xp Home Machine Via Network

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BrewCru

BrewCru

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:56 PM

I apologize if this isn't the right forum for this, but I need help and I hope all hope is not lost. Let me first explain what I am trying to do. I reinstall or reimage machine for a few local rent to own stores, it pays OK, but it is very time consuming. Enter Symantec Ghost Console 8.0xx. I have used this at my day job to ghostcast an image out to 1-50 computers at a time but they have always be running XP Pro (because its an office environment) I figured that I could implement this software with all of the systems I get for my spin off job, but all these machines have XP home... here is where my problem starts. when I try and send out a remote client install, I get the error
"Failed to install:
\\SHOWPLACE (20): Add logon right: Error when opening security policy - the computer might be running Windows 95, 98, ME or XP Home, or the specified account does not have sufficient administrative rights on that machine"

I have search for adding logon rights, but XP home isnt setup like PRO and I HOPE there is a way that I can allow an external computer to install its client-side software so that it will allow me to take an image of any give XP home machine...

I ask because I know from past experiences, that there are people in this forum who undoubtedly know XP in and out better than myself...

So am I screwed, or is there a way around this so that I can install the client side client software and take my images over the network.... BTW I know I could go out and buy an external HDD and run from a floppy or CD, but I would really like to get this up and running, I just dont know how to configure XP HOME. THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users