Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezes When I Try To Connect On Dial Up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lazy823

lazy823

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:42 PM

my friend built me a new computer, we got almost everything brand new, except we reused my old modem, which worked great on my other old computer. anyway, we re installed xp pro, and installed all the drivers, and my isp disk, but when i try to connect to the internet, as soon as i click "connect" or "dial" my computer freezes. i've been on high speed internet through an ethernet cable, and it worked just fine, but i cant use my dial up for some reason. i tried diabling my NIC port, and then the dial up started dialing, then it froze again, and now it freezes as soon as i hit connect. my computer teacher at my school couldnt figure this out... someone help plz!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:46 PM

In the bad old days of command line and ISA slots, it made a difference by putting your communication card in the last slots.
Check your Event Viewer in the Administrative Tools, located in the Control panel, for error messages. Post the last four error message here.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users