Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Re: Date Sensitive.....closed Topic

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RichardJW1~

RichardJW1~

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:15 PM

I am sorry you felt this post was in contravention of your forum rules but I would like to take the opportunity to explain a bit more the reason behind my original post - seing as you've decided to block the original I have posted here.

As I unfortunately didn't make clear to you in the first post, the reason why the program closes after a set time is because of price revisions. This has no bearing on me because, after all the price is set at the dealer and as I DID mention I want to refer to models of machines built in the '60s & '70s. The new discs don't go back that far. Fine for new machine users, but precious help for those of us with a passion for antique equipment. Hence having got hold of a selection of 5 year old discs [legitimately, I will add] I would have been able to do this.

I guess its really down to a matter of personal opinion on just what constitutes a tweak or adjust a program on someone's personal computer as being wide of the copyright mark, after all it seems the world wide web is full of people & programs designed to make operations more user-friendly, I mistakenly believed this site might of helped my cause.

Not to worry. Thanks for your time.

Good-bye

Richard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:29 AM

Alas! It is not a matter of opinion, whether mine or yours, about making changes to a programme. It is a legal matter of violating the EULA, and whether or not the application is on your own hard drive or not is not pertinent to copywrite law.
Unless the application is "open source," the licence to which you agree by using the application almost certainly has something to the effect that "This software must not be decompiled, disassembled, reverse engineered or otherwise modified."

As I understand your original and subsequent post, you were asking for help to violate law, an action not condoned by BC: any Moderator would take the same protective action as did I if it appeared that this kind of help was being requested.

Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 27 April 2007 - 09:30 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users