Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Print From Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Marjorie07

Marjorie07

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:03 PM

I am running XP. A few months ago, I realized that I cannot print anything from Outlook Express. I can print from all other places, just not OE. When I try to print, the printer comes up and when I click "print",it all disappears even the thing I was trying to print and I am back on my desktop. Any ideas???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:59 PM

Try closing IE and Outlook Express and then click on Start/ Run then type "regsvr32 ole32.dll" without the quotes then press enter.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 _dozzer

_dozzer

• Banned
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:21 AM

maybe this can help:

OE uses the Internet Explorer print engine, so you have to configure IE for printing before you print in OE. To do that, open Internet Explorer and click File | Page Setup.

The print font size is also affected by Internet Explorer. If the font is too large or too small, change the text size in Internet Explorer by clicking View | Text Size and then try printing again.

from insideoe.com

#4 Marjorie07

Marjorie07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:24 PM

Thank you for the comments. I tried everything mentioned, but still will not print. It is very aggravating at best. Any other ideas?

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:05 PM

See if one of these, is of any help:
Cannot Print From Internet Explorer or Outlook Express
OLEXP: Unable to Print When the Preview Pane Is Not Enabled

Also, you could try a repair of Outlook Express:
How to Repair Internet Explorer 6 and Outlook Express in Windows
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 TechJammer

TechJammer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:27 PM

I had a problem printing from Outlook Express today. v6.00.2900.2180 using Windows XP Home Edition

I tried the solution above:
Try closing IE and Outlook Express and then click on Start/ Run then type "regsvr32 ole32.dll" without the quotes then press enter

Worked perfectly! Thanks for the assist!

#7 Downrigger

Downrigger

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:34 PM

Try closing IE and Outlook Express and then click on Start/ Run then type "regsvr32 ole32.dll" without the quotes then press enter.

You are a star, u fixed my problem in seconds.
Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users