Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do U Send Links Via E-mail

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mariska

mariska

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:22 AM

Hi as u can probably guess i'm quite new to this game,i was wondering if u would have any information regarding the sending of links by e-mail?For example i want to send a friend a link to the grisoft anti spyware page.I would be gratefull if u could clear this up for me.

regards
Christian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:46 AM

What E-mail client (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.) do you use?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 mariska

mariska
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:17 PM

outlook express,ive tried sending some but they can never be opened thanx

#4 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:40 PM

It's possible that the recipient's e-mail client has links disabled for incoming mail. THis can be set up in the e-mail application or through an antivirus program. Does it happen with everyone you send links to or just a select few?
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:52 PM

They could always just click and drag, to highlight the URL, right-click and select Copy, then paste the address in their browser address bar.

If they are using Outlook Express, have them try this:

Click Start / Run / type in; regsvr32 urlmon.dll
Click OK.

Repeat for each of the following commands:
regsvr32 mshtml.dll
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 browseui.dll
regsvr32 msjava.dll

Hyperlinks Do Not Work in Outlook Express or in Word
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:10 PM

There is more than one way to do this. Here is one. Go to the web page you want to send a link to. Hover your mouse pointer over the address in the address/search bar at the top of the screen. This will highlight the address. Right click and select copy. Now open a new email and right click on the body of the new email and select paste. You can paste it into whatever line of the email you want to.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users