Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard Drivers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fartheroflies

fartheroflies

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:33 AM

Hello there,

For a year or so now I have been running a computer with an -
“Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard - NVIDIA nForce4 Series (Chipset)”
This motherboard came with a complimentary firewall which ran fine for the first year.
I hadn't looked at it for a while then recently when I needed to change some settings I found that it had stopped working.
I e-mailed NVIDIA tech support in Europe and the USA and after a lot of argy bhaji they told me they didn't support the NVIDIA firewall any more.
However they recommended me to uninstall the component software and also download their latest set of drivers for that motherboard.
This I did, however after installing the new divers I have found that there are three devices in device manager that are showing up as black exclamation marks circled in yellow.

These all seem to be NVIDIA related.
They are from the top down:
1. NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator
2. nForce4 Hyper Transport Bridge
3. NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management

I have e-mailed NVIDIA constantly about this and am not getting any joy from them.
I'm really sort of hoping that somebody out there might have come across this problem with their system and could help me to fix these devices.

I look forward to hearing that from you

Faithfully Richard Milner. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:48 AM

Download the drivers here and install..

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_wi...intel_8.22.html

Post the results.

#3 fartheroflies

fartheroflies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:30 PM

Hello there jwinathome,

My processor chip is AMD not Intel
are you sure these drivers are the right ones ?

Richard. :thumbsup:

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:25 PM

These are the one I installed and I have the same motherboard. I've never used the firewall, wouldn't touch it with a 10 feet long stick.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#5 fartheroflies

fartheroflies
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:02 PM

Hi there Mr Alpha,

And when you installed these drivers did the NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator install in the device manager correctly ?

The driver you sent me I have however when updated NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator is showing a problem in device manager

Any thoughts Richard.

#6 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:22 AM

That's part of the firewall your not supposed to install.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users