Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown .exe's On My Comp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 christina777

christina777

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:19 AM

When I ra CC, I found 4 .exe that I have never had before and cannot find what thay are except one is a program converter(???)GRPCONV.EXE. Does anyone know what the others are? Thaye are ALMON.EXE, ALSVC.EXE, ALUPDATE.EXE. I have never seen them before and need some advice. I'm also very new to this and wanted to say hello, and thank everyone for their help and information. Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:28 AM

I believe that almon.exe and alsvc.exe are to do with Sophos.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:15 PM

GRPCONV.exe. As budapest told you the other ones are related to Sophos Anti Virus

#4 christina777

christina777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:22 AM

Thank you for your help. I did get a free trial of sophos last month, but uninstalled it. There should not be anything from them left, but guess there is. I appreciate the time you both took to help me! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users