Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can You Take A Look At My Task Manager Snap Shots.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yorocco7

yorocco7

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:59 PM

Here is a Snap shot of my Task Manager "Processes" after I have all programs closed.
Posted Image
**CLICK TO ENLARGE

Does anything look out of place? Should I be concerned with anything that is showing up? I ask bc
I don't know that much about these matters and I'm trying to get my Laptop to run more smoothly.
- When I open up Firebird its not uncommon for it to top the processing list at around 75- 100,000 K.
Does that seem like a lot?
- When I open T. Bird It hits 25-35,000 K
---------------

Here is a Snap shot of my Task manager "Performance" after I have all programs closed.
Posted Image
**CLICK TO ENLARGE

I don't know what any of this means. Does it appear like its working within a reasonable range?
I'm new to all this snap shot stuff so I hope these pics work & are helpful.
Acer 5738Z - Pent.Dual Core T4200 2.0GHz - 4.00GB RAM - 64-Bit Vista Biz & Win7 Pro -Latest Moz.F.F. & T.B.- Avast!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:10 AM

I would investigate that capture.exe process a little further. It can be a nasty.

capture.exe Information
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 yorocco7

yorocco7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:17 AM

Thanks for the info, but capture.exe should not be any trouble. In fact I got the program by recommendation from this site.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry345675

"Screen Capture Applications

* Capture - a screen capture utility for Windows (and NT), which allows you to capture the active window, or the entire screen, at any color depth and resolution, and save it into a Bitmap file for editing. - Herk
"

Its a program that takes a snap shot of windows that are open. Its what I used to post the pics on this thread.
Since this Forum recommends the program I'm sure its okay. Pretty neat program really. Its super easy to use.
Thanks!
Acer 5738Z - Pent.Dual Core T4200 2.0GHz - 4.00GB RAM - 64-Bit Vista Biz & Win7 Pro -Latest Moz.F.F. & T.B.- Avast!

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:47 PM

There can be several capture.exe files on your system. If the one running in Task Manager is located in the System32 sub-directory, then it's likely that you're infected. Viruses will mimic common application names in different directories in order to elude detection.

FWIW - the good capture.exe is located in the Analog\Capture subdirectory of Program Files

Edited by usasma, 27 April 2007 - 12:49 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users