Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings And Salutations!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scubaj

scubaj

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:58 PM

Hello BC folks -

I like the forum design here...it seems Invision is gaining ground on the ever-popular phpBB design, so props for the implementation here. Having said that, allow me to introduce myself...

My name is Jason and I have been working within the IT sector for a little over 5 years now. Having started as a call center tech (Thank you for calling AT&T Broadband, this is Jason how can I help you?) troubleshooting network connections and helping with slow pays, I moved on to navigating the terrifying waters of Helpdesk work at a manufacturing plant for about 10 months, and then at a university for a little over a year. After it became evident that Helpdesk on a college campus was not an avenue to bigger and better things I departed for the government sector. Spent 4 months in the local govt office and when the guy that hired me left suddenly (he was the reason I took the job - we got along famously, and he was a great learning resource)...I braved it out for another two, thinking I might be able to finagle into his spot. When it was clear they were planning on outsourcing, I started looking again.

I am now a federal contractor, working as a systems admin for the military. Needless to say, I happened to be in the right place and at the right time.

For IT hobbies, I admin a forum myself for a regional photo club, and occasionally fall back on PC repairs and such for side $$. I also have assisted a few businesses with setting up basic databases in single computer environments, and inventory control measures, POS software and other fun stuff. My main focus now is design oriented - learning flash, mastering the artistic eye on an SLR, and getting more up to speed with SQL, VB, and database administration at work. A+, MCP, Net+, etc., etc., etc....blah blah blah

Anyway, looking forward to being an active member to the extent that I am able (y'all know how work and side projects can pull us suddenly)...

Clearly, I am joining partly though because I have a problem that has stumped me. Since I have been away from PC repairs for a while, I figured I'd throw it in here to see if I am missing something obvious, so check in the "request for help" area in a while as I will be posting a hijackthis! log shortly.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:32 AM

Hello, Jason.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please take the time to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:04 AM

Posted Image
Welcome to Bleeping Computer Jason!

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users