Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Laserjet 5 Si

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 lalada65

lalada65

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:31 PM

If I'm in the wrong area, I apologize...Printer problem. It ran fine till about a week ago. It doesn't matter which program I'm using ( word- quickbooks- etc). The printer prints Multiple pages on one page instead of multiple pages. I have done some major searching and found (something to do with microsofts netframe update is causing a problem with language ). Anywho... I have tried everything that was suggested to others with no light at the tunnel.. uninstall / reinstall driver.. someone suggested printer processor change to (winprint ) which was already set / disabled bidirectional support. Any ideas?

Office Network (3) dell computers , using XP..

Printer OLD :-) HP LaserJet 5Si.. connected through router.

A little more information....We lost everything prior to the printer WITHOUT EXPLANATION (assuming lighting storm etc hit it in the night) It took US 3 days to get back up and running. We even had a Tech come out ( He had to manually install printer ) He ran a test page on all the computers and we assumed all was well.

Help! Thank You in advance!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:34 PM

By "Connected through router" do you mean a print server. Try restarting both peices of equipment.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 lalada65

lalada65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:17 PM

Hi Gavin,

DSL modem ---> To the linksy -
Three computers and One printer conected straight to a linksy router.

Printer port tcp/ip standard..
Everything has been reset/ turned off/ restarted several times..

Any other idea's? Thanks :-)

#4 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:44 PM

Have you tried setting the printer back to factory defaults, reassign the IP address you were using on the printer, and then test it out?

Gavin Seabrook

#5 lalada65

lalada65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2007 - 11:12 PM

Ahhaa I haven't tried that!! Back to factory defaults.. Will try it on Monday and post an update..If it's something that simple , I'm going to annouy the heck out of HP :-)

Thanks

#6 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2007 - 11:33 PM

Some where in the advanced settings of hp printers, normally advanced settings tab click defaults, there is a setting that lets you specify pages per sheet. Try to find if this laserjet has this setting (Pages per sheet and posters), make sure it has not been set to 4 pages per sheet.

Edited by oldf@rt, 28 April 2007 - 11:34 PM.

The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#7 lalada65

lalada65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:07 AM

Thanks for reply oldfart :-) ..I've played with that option and it works great..Matter a fact that is what I've used so I can understand what I was printing out..Problem though text to small.

The problem that I'm having is : Say I was doing a two page quote - It prints one page then prints the second page on top of the already printed first page..

If we were to print those two pages single 1-1 page then 2-1 no problem but its a slow process.... OK I've confused myself..:-)

#8 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:31 AM

Actually, i understood. Have you tried to re initialize the printer? To do this, turn off the printer with the power switch, hold down the online button, turn on the printer, continue to hold down the online button until "restoring factory settings" shows in the LCD.

Do you have a duplex unit installed in this printer? if the duplexing unit is turned on or setup improperly, that can also cause that problem.

here is a link to HPs manual: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/...1/c00656611.pdf
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#9 lalada65

lalada65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:47 AM

Oldf@art,
You know I'm not sure about the duplex. I remember when trying to get things working, that I saw in properties etc duplex not installed. I'll have to recheck that on Monday also.

See we are kinda of working with a handicap.. The LCD doesn't work - a long with drawers sticking etc. I believe the boss beat it up a couple times lol

Thank you for taking time searching things. I will post all updates....I better get get off here :-) Poof

#10 gracedt

gracedt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:38 AM

Hi, I had a similar problem with my printer, a friend of mine referred me to a great tech support site which helped me with to solve all my problems. They also have free live support for fast personal help!

Here is the page for HP Laserjet 5si Printer Support

I hope you'll find a solution

Grace

#11 gracedt

gracedt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:40 AM

good luck

Edited by gracedt, 29 April 2007 - 08:46 AM.

#12 lalada65

lalada65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 09:39 PM

Hi Gracedt,

Thank you for the link.. Also Welcome to B.C!! :-)

#13 lalada65

lalada65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:47 PM

Ok heres where I am.....Gavin,factory defaults, reassign the IP address you were using on the printer (no luck)

Oldf@rt,Duplex isn't installed... The re initialize the printer we will try on friday incase we make it worse

Grace, waiting on an answer from the link you sent me.

Thank you all for trying to help! :-) Once the problem is solved I'll post an update/ cure incase another runs into this problem.. Thanks again

#14 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:47 PM

you might also want to see if there is a firmware upgrade on either your printer, or router

Gavin Seabrook

#15 gracedt

gracedt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:39 AM

Hi, Just checking out to see if you solve it, I follow the link I gave you and saw your post but I believe no one answer a good answer for you... it happened to me once so I click directly on the live chat (the image on the right side with the lady...) its free and you will get your answer fast.

Good luck

Grace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users