Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inected Comp

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 MrWutItDew

MrWutItDew

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:02 PM

My computer is infected with something my task manager has been disabled and my computer runs super slow.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:24 PM

Have you done any scans with your antivirus and antispyware??

Here are two more to use.

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:37 PM

For the Task Manager issue,There is a tool to reenable it
here is the link to the topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84668/cant-open-regedit-task-manager-been-disabled/
It's possible that you are infected with malware if the task manager has been disabled without
a user's recognition

You could also post an HJT log in the HJT forums if it may not solve the infection

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#4 MrWutItDew

MrWutItDew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:34 PM

I have used antivirus scans and antispyware but nothing is working

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:16 AM

MrWutItDew,

I moved your HijackThis log to the appropriate forum.
Here is the link:
MrWutItDew's HJT log

NOTE:
Please, DO NOT make another post in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might think someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

Also, don't make any changes to your system, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it more difficult to properly clean your system.

Since you now have a HJT log posted, I'm going to close this topic.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users