Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spybot S&d

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ogerp

Ogerp

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:58 PM

Now Adaware's got an 'all user' function which as admin on a five user PC is what I need for scanning. However, I cannot seem to find the same function on Spybot, which means logging on to each user (if they are not password protected) to perform a scan.

Any ideas to what I've missed on the config of Spybot?
'The good life is more than material decency, but the good life must be based on material decency'.

Jacob Bronowski.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:26 PM

http://forums.spybot.info/archive/index.php/t-8604.html

The entire system is scanned for most malware. However, because of restrictions in the Microsoft APIs (Application Program Interfaces) used by Spybot, the scan from one account does not include the Internet cache or cookies of other accounts

So if you dumped the caches and before scanning with Spybot, sounds like you would get a complete scan.

Also, if you want teatimer activated for all users the instructions are in the link below.
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=308

(hmm--I wonder if Ccleaner would clean all users caches in one scan--does anyone know?)

Edited by buddy215, 25 April 2007 - 06:33 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:52 PM

From the CCleaner FAQ:

At the moment CCleaner supports cleaning the current user's account only. This may change in a future release.

Edited by hillbillygreek, 25 April 2007 - 09:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users