Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Simple" removal of DyFuCa Internet Optimizer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fatdove52

fatdove52

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:19 PM

Hi folks,
I'm running Win98SE with updated IE6 SP1 and Mozilla 1.75 (Default browser) . I've got updated Spybot S&D 1.3.1 TX (?), AdAwareSE 1.05, Spyware Blaster 3.2 and ZoneAlarm 5.5 something or other.
After running Spybot in safe mode, got an alert of "DyFuCa Internet Optimizer" being buried somewhere in Spybot files. A Google search came up with a lot of info on this slice of whale manure, none of it good. I'm not tremendously competent in matters technical, I am, after all, a landscaper by trade. From what I've read there isn't an easy fix; or is there ? I've read that "Pest Patrol" can remove the offensive stink wad but I'm a little cash strapped and my hard drive is a little small in capacity ( 8 gig, 312 RAM and about 63% free). Any ideas ?
Thanks a ton.

fatdove52
[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7][COLOR=green]Any day ya got a pulse is a great day.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:50 PM

DyFuCa Internet Optimizer" being buried somewhere in Spybot files.

Not quite sure what you mean here. Are you saying that Spybot is reporting that it sees this in one of your backups? More likely it is seeing this in an AdaWare quarantine. Can you give us the path to DyFuCa?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 13 January 2005 - 09:30 PM

I can add:
You need not keep any files in quarantine.
Simply delete Adaware quarantined files, IMO.

Spybot will make backups after scans for you, too.
Essentially quarantining 'em till you make sure you don't want 'em.
It's possible losing spyware/adaware will effect a downloaded program that it came with.
Once you know it's gone, good. Purge the backup.
I think it puts 'em in zip folders to prevent them from doing anything.
They might be showing, or something.
Use the Recovery-->purge feature.
Again, why keep bad files?
Unless you want to send them to a spyware Hunter for analysis.

In Advanced Mode-->Settings-->Ignore Products you need to make sure a checkmark is not beside the DyFuCa listing.
All Products tab, scroll alphabetically.
Sometimes you'll find checkmarks in this list of 25,600+ items.
Uncheck 'em and they'll show in scans if you have 'em.

ignore products list
One exception is shown in that pix link above.

DSO exploit.
It's kind of a glithch, and one way to have it not show up each scan
is to checkmark it here.
It really isn't a threat, so excluding it merely reduces annoyanc at seeing
it each time the scan is done, and never seeing it "gotten rid of".

Edited by phawgg, 13 January 2005 - 09:36 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:12 PM

Good tip phawgg. I just looked and have nothing checked. Spybot has a patch for the DSO Exploit but I'll be darned if I can find it.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:24 PM

The DSO fix is right here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4392.html

Just download and install, Spybot 1.3 final must be installed for the fix to work.
There is no justice, there is just us.

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:28 PM

Thanks Ronbo, I already got it but I'll bookmark it where I can find it this time.

:thumbsup:

#7 fatdove52

fatdove52
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 14 January 2005 - 12:31 AM

Hey there, all.
I want to thank all you folks for the quick response with my problem.

One at -a-time here : I do not quarentine my AdAware rejects, had one come back to bite a few years ago.

In between supper and now I ran both AdAware and Spybot S&D in safe mode and came up with a cookie and nothing else. Anybody for some crumbs ?

In my first go-round with Spybot today , when I got the alerts, I got into advance mode and cleared the log with a recovery dance. Might just follow your suggestion to make sure DyFuCa Internet Optimizer is not ignored.

The DSO Exploit alert in Spybot can be fixed with an update found in Spyware Tools @ Major Geeks site.

If I missed mentioning your suggestion, I apologise. Just know that I am most grateful to you all.
After much searching through Windows files I did not find even a hair of this thing; DyFuCa Internet Optimizer but what I've read about it prompts me to be interested in spending about 3 minutes, alone , with the author. Perhaps he/she/ or it and I could engage in a quick discussion of the weather or something.

Thanks, again to all.
[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7][COLOR=green]Any day ya got a pulse is a great day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users