Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Uncheck Remember Me

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,588 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:13 PM

When I login, the default is "Remember me" on the right hand side.
I would like this to always be unchecked, unless I want to check it from home.
That default, as the prompt suggests, is unacceptable at work for instance.
How, please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:26 PM

If it's a default setting, then you would have to uncheck it manually.
If you don't want it to remember you, just log out, and delete your BC cookies, before exiting your browser.

Edited by tg1911, 24 April 2007 - 08:28 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,588 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:22 PM

Ouch :thumbsup: Do you know how many keystrokes that would be when you're rushing to a meeting or someplace?

Seriously, I searched through MyProfile options and there was no default set there. So do you think this is a site default? If so could it be changed?

Logout, if I remember to do so, is a viable option, thanks, I didn't think of it.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:58 PM

Ouch :thumbsup: Do you know how many keystrokes that would be when you're rushing to a meeting or someplace?

Two clicks, if your using Firefox.
Set the cookie manager (Tools / Options / Privacy / Cookies) to, Keep until: I close Forefox.
Then, when you exit the browser, the cookies will be deleted.
So, "click" to log out, then "click" to exit the browser, and no more auto-login.

Seriously, I searched through MyProfile options and there was no default set there. So do you think this is a site default?

Strange thing.
On the main BC page, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/, where you have to log in with your Username, and Password, it's not checked as default, but if you click Log In, at the top of the page, under the tabs, it takes you to a page where it is checked as default.

If so could it be changed?

That's something you would have to ask Grinler about.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#5 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,588 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:14 PM

Two clicks, if your using Firefox.

Equally easy in Opera, but it's two too many :flowers: Not really, it's ok since I can set site-specific things easily.

Strange thing.
On the main BC page, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/, where you have to log in with your Username, and Password, it's not checked as default, but if you click Log In, at the top of the page, under the tabs, it takes you to a page where it is checked as default.

That'll do it. You're right. Great. So I'll just learn a new skill. I always used the one on top.

And how do we do we ask Grinler? Do you have connections? He suggests not to remember and I agree :thumbsup:

Edit:Don't you wish all the questions here ere as easy?

Edited by tos226, 24 April 2007 - 10:17 PM.

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:24 PM

And how do we do we ask Grinler?

Post you question in the Bleeping Computer Announcements, Comments, & Suggestions forum. :thumbsup:

#7 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:40 PM

FWIW: When I log into the forums with Roboform, it automatically unchecks the remember me option, because the first time I signed in, I had manually unchecked it, checked the log in invisible box, & entered my username & password manually as well, & when saved to the passcard it remembers them every time. I would guess that other password managers should be able to do the same.

Edited by hillbillygreek, 24 April 2007 - 10:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users