Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Login To Mcafee My Account/login

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 saroj

saroj

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:44 PM

Hi, I recently did a clean installation of Vista Ultimate on my laptop. I have a valid 15 months subscription of Mcafee but it wasn't compatible with Vista. So I called Mcafee tech support, we tried logging in to my account using my valid email ID and password, I got a message that I was already logged in and get a prompt to goto the home page. We tried several reboots, nogo, finally, we were able to download the vista compatible version of Mcafee from http://us.mcafee.com by going to 'safe mode with networking' and clicking on the option for registered user reinstallation. Though its installed correctly, I'm still not able to login to my account to update as I still get the message that I'm logged in. I spent over 2 hours on the phone speaking to the Mcafee tech, no go. I cleared cache, cookies, temp internet files, etc on Internet options, no go. Mcafee works fine and I just ran a complete scan on system before posting this. On Security Centre I do get to see the expiry date (expires in June 2008). Its just that I'm not able to login to my account. I was able to do so when I had XP Pro on my system prior to installing Vista. Any idea how to fix this?.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ejames82

ejames82

• Members
  • 404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:40 PM

this is just a shot in the dark, but i have my XP system configured to block cookies in the internet options>privacy>advanced>override automatic cookie handling>first party cookies, prompt; third party cookies, block. with this arrangement i need to allow cookies for that site, or go to internet options>privacy>sites, and make sure that that site is not blocked on the list that is there. i don't know if vista has that same setup.
mcafee may not let you login, unless you permit a cookie.

#3 saroj

saroj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:44 PM

Thanks ejames82. The first suggestion "...to block cookies in the internet options>privacy>advanced>override automatic cookie handling>first party cookies, prompt; third party cookies, block" is not an option that we have in Vista. I tried your second suggestion, no go. But when I try logging in from a different system, I can. Strange why I can't use mine.

Edited by saroj, 25 April 2007 - 03:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users