Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost With New Pc Problem :(

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wraithxmaster

wraithxmaster

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:16 PM

Ok people I have purchased the following Items for a new pc build

1 k9a platinum motherboard from msi
1 Amd athlon 64x2 dual core processor 4000+
1 Rx1650 ati radeon chipset gpu
1 nzxt 550w precise power supply
1 1gb patriot 800mhz ddr2 ram

ok here is the problem I have, I have only the motherboard, cpu, and video card and the ram hooked up inside the case and everything turns on power wise the cpu fan runs all the case fans run the fan on the gpu runs I get no beeps from the system speaker (as it might not work) so I put the D-bracket on to help trouble shoot problems......But like I said everything powers up but I don't get a bio's screen I get no video at all have tried 2 screens I know work because i'm using one of them now hope you can help me out thanks :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:20 PM

Does the motherboard come with on-board video?

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :flowers: wraithxmaster

Salud, :thumbsup:
bg04
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:25 PM

Try putting the components on a wooden tabletop or on a piece of cardboard and turn it on. The board might possibly be grounding out on the case. You did plug the power into the video card, correct?
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 24 April 2007 - 05:28 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 wraithxmaster

wraithxmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:47 AM

Yes I have the extra power hook up connected to the gpu and and I will remove everything from the case to see if its shorting to the case will post the outcome, and no the mobo does not have onboard video.

Ok took everything out of the case on a wooden table sitting on the mobo box only hooked up the gup and the main power hook up
the mobo, power the gpu extra power hook up (its a pci-e 16x) slot and iam getting the same thing the D-bracket usb is showing that the system is going to Early Chipset Initialzation but hangs there, still no vid to set up

wish this thing was like my frist build...it just booted to bios and hasent failed me yet

Edited by wraithxmaster, 25 April 2007 - 10:48 AM.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:55 PM

I think I'd call MSI customer support
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 wraithxmaster

wraithxmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:59 PM

ok monday I call msi and hopefully they will have my answer..if they do or don't Ill post it here so maybe it will help the next guy out....crossing fingers

#7 wraithxmaster

wraithxmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:49 AM

well there only answer was to replace the mobo and the cpu witch are both brand new...so we shall see if it was the mobo or cpu when I get the replacements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users