Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Smitfraudfix To Remove Spylocked Adware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 stealthyy

stealthyy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:46 AM

i have cleaned my pc but cannot remove this annoying adware (spylocked) . I would appreciate step by step instruction on this final stage to remove this pest , using smitfraudfix ... ty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:15 AM

Hi there and welcome to BleepingComputer.
There is a good tutorial written here on how to remove this infection from your computer. If this is not successful and you would like some more help removing it, include a HijackThis log in your next reply and I'll take a look at it.
Let me know if this helps to solve the problem.
Thanks,
Charles

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 stealthyy

stealthyy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:04 PM

thanks rookie for your prompt reply ... I followed the directions in the tutorial at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85376/how-to-remove-spylocked-and-spywarelocked-removal-instructions/ ... to remove spylocked adware ... I used the automatic version of removal ...I am still getting the "system alert" warning pop up ... any suggestions would be appreciated .. thank you again ... stealthyy ( I'm not sure if the "notepad" info that resulted from my use of the smithfraudfix tool will be helpful ... but i am attaching it in case)

Attached Files

#4 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:27 PM

Sorry for the delay, but we didn't spot your post until now. Make sure that you use this topic to reply into, otherwise things will get mixed up.
Please follow the steps in the following topic to download and run HijackThis: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
Post back the log it creates.
Thanks,
Charles

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:26 PM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.
If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending me a Personal Message including a link to your thread.
This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users