Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stalling And Networking Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 serob

serob

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:00 AM

Hi!

I've been having a problem with my PC lately.

It will reach 100% of CPU utilization even when I'm not running a heavy application or any application at all.

I notice if I run the task manager on the processes information that the heaviest svchost.exe increases the load until it reaches the 100%.

This is affecting my network connections, I can't release or renew my ip and if I try to configure the wireless connection it will say "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection".

After it reaches the 100% of CPU utilization and locks up it just shuts down the computer.

I appreciate your help!

Regards

J

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:13 AM

Can you still connect to the internet?

Are you able to run the computer in safe mode with networking?

If you can, download and run rogue remover from here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover.php

If anything is found, my next suggestion would be go to the hijack this forum here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87058/slow-computerbrowser-check-here-first;-it-may-not-be-malware/

and next: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

and finally on the wireless connection, do you have another program from the manfacturer of the computer or the wireless card controlling it.

The problem sounds like malware, but may not be.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:15 AM

Two things I would do.

1. Scan you system for viruses etc.

2. Find out what is running under that svchost.

How to determine what services are running under a SVCHOST.EXE process
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users