Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd's Going Going Gone

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dowhat?

dowhat?

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:56 PM

I am running ashampoo burning on my laptop trying to copy dvd's they go all the way through completion, even say that they were created successfully, but when I go to play them in a dvd player, it says bad disc. I have reloaded the software to no avail. I run widows XP professional, and recently reloaded it. thanks in advance, Mike.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 24 April 2007 - 12:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:29 AM

I could be the media, some players don't like DVD+R. Or the media that you used was bad.

Do the DVDs play in the computer?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 dowhat?

dowhat?
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:40 AM

no they don't play in the computer, and I have changed the discs as well.

#4 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:08 PM

What are you trying to copy? If it's retail movies or music, they could be copy-protected. Just guessing... since I've never done that.

#5 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:19 PM

Most Retail DVD's are copy protected. There are programs to unencrypt them and then burn them as an ISO but I'm not going to say these programs names or where to find them b/c it could be taken out of context as supporting Piracy. I have used these programs to backup my DVD collection as well as my Moms.

Posted Image

#6 dowhat?

dowhat?
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:21 AM

no just trying to copy some already cpoied dics, have been doing it for a while and then my laptop just stopped, it actually burns them then they say bad disc.

#7 ErrorMessage

ErrorMessage

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:53 PM

I'm using the same software and have similar poblems. I use cheap dvd's supplied on a stick - mostlt 'Tuff disks' which are DVD-r. I get about a 65% success rate for archiving files (mostly digital pix). Anyone recommend a reliable/alternative program to backup my legitimately purchsed Dvd's? I have box sets of Voyager :thumbsup: that I want to copy and save as they were seriously expensive!!
Cheers
Andy.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users