Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Internet Security

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xtdg134

xtdg134

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:35 PM

I have this Norton program that has a firewall on it, and I have to temporarily turn it off everytime I play Maplestory, or else it won't connect. Well, today I went to do so, and the Norton Protection Center window never loads all the way, and I can't turn the fire wall off. So I figure, I'll just uninstall it and reinstall it, see if that does the trick. I went to uninstall it and it says I can't because I'm not logged in as an administrator in the Protection Center. So uhm, is there anyway to get rid of it? I tried going into the program files and deleting up, but I got the same notice...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xtdg134

xtdg134
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:48 PM

Nevermind, I got it taken care of, sorry.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:04 PM

If you would not mind, could you tell use how you resolved your problem?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 xtdg134

xtdg134
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:54 PM

Uhm, I just went to symantec.com/uninstall, and got rid of everything from Symantec I had on my computer >.>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users