Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cpu Temperature Is High

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 i have no name

i have no name

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:51 PM

I recently bought a new e6600 at stock speeds and a EVERCOOL HPC-925 heatsink when i booted my computer up i checked the temperatures they were around 30 degrees Celius and would slowly rise after 5 mins the temperature was 50 degrees celcius which i know is not good i have checked to make sure the heatsink is installed properly.
My system specs
Small chip that goes fast some spinning things a case, a mouse, and a keyboard and a wonderful rectanlge box of colors.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:56 PM

It may be the ambient temperatures in your Case. Are you using the standard CPU Fan & HS?
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#3 i have no name

i have no name
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:00 PM

You mean using the stock heatsink, I am not
My system specs
Small chip that goes fast some spinning things a case, a mouse, and a keyboard and a wonderful rectanlge box of colors.

#4 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:40 PM

Okay,cool. What HSF are you using? Do you have the fan mounted for the flow going in the correct direction?

Also, I did a fair bit of investigation into setting up fans and their respective flow directions within the case, and how it affects the ambient temperatures.

Did you place the fans in the case yourself, or are they just the standard?
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#5 i have no name

i have no name
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:53 PM

i am using the fan that came with the heatsink i boguht it is a EVERCOOL HPC-925 the fan is blowing near a out take fan i have installed 4 fans a out take on top and some intakes and out takes on the side, 5 total.
My system specs

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:30 PM

You removed the old heatsink compound and used new stuff, correct? Having too many fans is not always a good thing. You have to balance the inbound and outbound CFM
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 i have no name

i have no name
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:33 PM

yes i have removed the old compound today i tried to reinstall the heatsink again, yes i cleaned the compound off, and i am still having problems with heat it still rises to 50 but it does it more slowly, could it be i have a bad cpu or something? the only other things that are running in the case is a 8800gts and 2 hard drives the case is a coolermaster stacker 830 if that helps.
My system specs

#8 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:40 PM

Actually the chip seems to be within specifications check this link:

http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL9S8#
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#9 i have no name

i have no name
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:42 PM

i know the cpu can handle 60+ degrees but still 50 degrees reading from the bios is still a little uneasy for me with a after market heatsink.
My system specs

#10 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:45 PM

Here is another link, great reading:

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Co...rderasc-25.html
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#11 i have no name

i have no name
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:55 PM

thanks for those links they helped a lot i will try some programs to check my cpu temp if you have any recomdendations on what i should use it ll help i already have speedfan.
My system specs

#12 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:35 PM

One more thing - how long have you had the E6600? I had forgotten that mine went through a.....wearing in(?) period...where it was surprisingly warm for no reason.

It started off fairly low (mid 30's to mid 40's), and then was at/around 50C for a while, but never really went over about 55C (unless it was a failry warm day...). Now it sits back at around 45C....

Can you use a recording program (Sandra Lite? Everest?) to record you temps for a period and see if it is similar phenomena?
Additionally I did recently read a review that they (being the reviewer and his mob) felt that the CPU had gone through a wearing in period for the HSF thermal paste, and then it worked quite well.... May be the same thing here......? :thumbsup:
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users