Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spell Checker Not Working In Windows Mail

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:49 PM

I just finished a letter that I worte in Windows Mail. When I clicked on Spell Checker, I got a message that "This language is no longer available for Spell Checking Please select another in the Spelling Options Dialogue".

Have not needed to use the spell checker for some time. Usually when I draft a letter I do it in Microsoft Outlook.

Don't know what could have caused this. If anyone has an idea, I sure would appreciate your assistance. Thanks in advance.!

JazzMahn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,301 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:08 PM

Copied from the web:
" Click on Tools at the top of Windows Mail...then
> options....spelling....choose language other than english...apply...choose
> english...apply...then return to your create mail message...type as message
> with typos and try spell check.."

http://help.lockergnome.com/vista/Vista-sp...rderasc-20.html
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 JazzMahn

JazzMahn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried it and everything is working again as it should. What would have caused that to happen. I haven't changed anything on the computer. I would think it should have worked just fine. Oh well. I guess you can never know for sure with a computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users