Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xerox Phaser 8560

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 8420boleyn

8420boleyn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:34 AM

Can anyone tell me how to get this new Xerox Phaser 8560 to work via my Belkin G USB Print Server. Do I need the IP address from the main server. Basically can you give me a quick run through on how to get it printing as the CD Rom is about as helpful as a chocolate firegaurd.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Che Guevara

Che Guevara

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:44 AM

Well I used to have a linksys print server and to put a driver on you'd have to go on the setup screen for the server. To do that you need your network ip.

to get your network ip go into start>run and type cmd and then type in ipconfig

there it should show you an ip that looks like 192.168.1.101 or 192.168.0.101 something along those lines. now type that ip in the web browser and it should pop up a window asking for username and password. I know in my linksys its default had no username and admin as the password some have admin as username and passwords.

Anyways, so look around the setup for printers and it should let you add a driver then just plug in the printer and you should be able to use it. if that doesn't work, go to

start>control panel>printers and fixes>add printer

from there chose the option that says network printer. Then browse for printer. Once you find it it will ask for a driver either look through the list or I'm pretty sure you can chose to look for it yourself.
Che

"Shoot, coward--you are only going to kill a man." - Che Guevara as he was then murdered as an unarmed prisoner by the Brazilian army aided by the US CIA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users