Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Layered Hidden Window

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gadailey

gadailey

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:48 AM

EVERY time I shut down my pc, I get a "layered hidden window" message, and I usually end up having to hit the "end task" button.
I'm running xp pro. It's a new computer and I didn't start getting the error until some point after downloading automatic updates for xp and ms office.
I've run multiple malware programs and getting a clean bill of health, so I have NO idea what is causing this.

Any ideas? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:27 AM

Could be malware or could just be a misbehaving program. Try this to isolate it:

1) Run this free online scan: http://safety.live.com
2) If that doesn't fix it, then open up Task Manager to the Processes tab and look for activity that points to a particular process when you go to shut down. Let us know what the process is and we can work from there.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Erik the Expert

Erik the Expert

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:00 PM

Might want to post your Hijack log in here, Sometimes this is caused by some crappy program that was written poorly that won't close on its own. I would do a little cleanup of software you don't use anymore if they are listed in your Hijack log in the running processes or startup.

See if it does it if you boot up open nothing then shutdown. Then you know its something in your startup and not some other application.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:35 PM

You could also look at the Event Viewer and see if XP is reporting an error message.
The Event Viewer is located in the Administrative Tools in the Control Panel.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 gadailey

gadailey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:24 AM

I was looking at my topics, and totally forgot about this problem! The reason is that it finally just went away on it's own....wierd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users