Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can Dvd-rw Drives Run Dvd Games?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kanaka

Kanaka

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:05 PM

I was specifically looking at this one but i am not sure is DVD-RW actually plays games and if not where do I get dvd rom drives..?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1172881770692

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:16 PM

Yes, they can.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 Kanaka

Kanaka
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:20 PM

:thumbsup: THANKS oh and does like a slower speed on the drive makes games slower?

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:32 PM

According to the specs, this one reads DVD-ROM disks.

16x maximum DVD-ROM read speed

Is LightScribe a feature you have to have?
If not, you could get a DVD burner for about that price, at newegg.com.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 22 April 2007 - 04:52 PM

I got a nice DVD burner combo drive at newegg for about 35$, even after shipping. Its got better speeds then that one too. Best Buy's name is an oxymoron (I guess?).
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#6 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:12 PM

Indeed, I have a great all purpose (lightscribe too!) burner that was 35 bucks after shipping. Also, unless the speed is REALLY slow, you won't see any difference in performance. Even if you do, you could always just rip an image of it to read from your hard drive.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users