Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Offline Storage Of Entire Websites

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sipickles

sipickles

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 22 April 2007 - 11:34 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to store an enitre website for offline viewing (ie on a laptop in a tube tunnel!)?

I know you can sync a web page and save a number of levels deep, but this tends to be huge, since it wanders off into advertising links etc.

What about a plugin, maybe for Firefox, that saves all pages like this:

www.mywebsite.com/*.*

Any ideas?

Thanks

Simon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:25 AM

Hi Simon.
In the past I've used WinHTTrack for that. It is not a browser plug-in but a seperate freeware app.
There's a learning curve that takes a little practice but it's not overly difficult by any means.
I have numerous websites burned to cd, mostly tech stuff with downloads included, that I use it for.
Like all website copiers, it'll need firewall permission. Please respect the individual websites copyright restrictions when using it. :thumbsup:

Edited by HitSquad, 25 April 2007 - 06:29 AM.

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:34 AM

Down them All could be an alternative..

#4 sipickles

sipickles
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:26 AM

Fortunately a linux wizard arrived and helped me, using his magic spell, 'wget'!

Very clever!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users