Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Number Lock Flashing Led To Crash

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hellish

Hellish

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:45 AM

I've got no idea as to why this happened. Let me tell you the history of the keyboard.

Around ten months ago I found the Saitek lighted keyboard, and have used it since. A week ago I was playing a game on this computer and my number lock light flashed a few times, I blew it off. Then yesterday I see it flash, as I watched a movie, so I figure "It happened before, it'll stop" so I payed no attention to it. 5 minutes after I first noticed it my screen started to blink (it was on and off and on, etc rapidly). My mouse would not click, the keyboard stopped working and I could not press the power button to make it shut down. Finally I got fed up and turned off the power supply. It's fine now and the number lock has been off since.

I'd like to know what exactly happened and how to make it so it'll never happen again. Any help is greatly appreciated and I will gladly give any information related to this incident if not already mentioned.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 22 April 2007 - 01:20 PM

Do you experience this problem with a different keyboard, using numbers lock?
If not, I'd say the keyboard is the problem.

Have you tried uninstalling, then reinstalling, the keyboard drivers?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Hellish

Hellish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:53 PM

It's a random thing so another keyboard won't exactly give a decent result. As for drivers, I thought it was just a plug and play keyboard w/ no drivers... o.0

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 22 April 2007 - 07:05 PM

Check this link it looks like a lot of Saitek products have drivers:

http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.htm
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#5 Hellish

Hellish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:18 PM

nope, no drivers for the eclipse I have.

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:58 PM

It could be some kind of problem with your motherboard or there could be a driver or device conflict. I have a Saitec lighted keyboard too (blue) and I had a bad mobo, the only real way I could tell was by the CAPS LOCK button. It would not turn off no matter what I did.

3939.png

#7 Hellish

Hellish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:25 PM

Well my lights turn on and off so I'm good there. I'm not seeing any device conflicts on my device manager.

#8 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:14 AM

There could have been a power surge or a short somewhere.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users