Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Infected - System Reboot

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sorayada

sorayada

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:13 AM

Hi there,

I do need help with my pc. A few days ago it started rebooting at any moment and restarting with the scan disk. I only had AVG anti-virus installed, so a friend told me to try Avast. When I installed Avast and Avast virus/worm cleaner, at the first scan it said it was infected with KUANG2. I looked online for cure and learned that Kuang2 infects Windows95 and 98. I have Windows XP OS. I've tried downloading some free spyder/trojans etc removal tools but as much as I tried more quickly the system rebooted to the point where I almost couldn’t run any application. So I uninstalled Avast and now it is taking a bit longer before rebooting again, but I still can't run any application for more than 10 min and it's been impossible even to backup big files.
I hope I have given at least an idea of what is going on as I'm not such a expert :thumbsup: on the subject and I hope somebody can help me.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:13 AM

You should only have one Anti-Virus program running on your computer at a time.
If you didn't remove AVG before installing Avast, that could be part of your problem.

Lets see if we can rid of any nasties on your computer.
Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 sorayada

sorayada
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:00 PM

Hiya

Thanks very much for trying to help me but it looks like there isn't much to do.

I did remove AVG before installing Avast. I think that because I've been trying many times to get rid of the virus, things went wrong and wrong. I could not run superantispyware in safe mode. It says it can't be run in safe mode. I tried running it in normal mode but after it starts installing the icon appears and disappears quickly on the desktop. Neither I could do the online scan, it closes the application all the time. A new error comes out any time I try to do something.

Is this the end? I'm afraid so.

Thanks again and I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Soraya

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:03 PM

Hi Soraya, can you run a virus scan?

#5 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:04 PM

The next step that I would take would be to submit a HijackThis log and let one of the team members help you.

here is a link to that forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users