Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Postmaster/mailer-daemon Messages From Addresses Not Emailed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bonnyrig

bonnyrig

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:36 AM

For the past 3-4 weeks I have received 30-40 messages everyday from Postmasters and MAILER-DAEMON informing me that my email to the recipient has been blocked or cannot be delivered. These messages appear to be coming from sites around the world. The issue is that I have not emailed them in the first place. It appears as though somebody has been using my email address

I have two email addresses but it is only the @freeserve.co.uk address that is affected. I am loathed to ditch the freeserve address as so many legitimate users use it. Has this email address been hijacked - if so what can be done?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:35 AM

Apparently your email adress has been found by a socalled spambot, some sort internet crawler which scans forums for email adresses and will use it to send out spam. If you want to be sure of malware issues

In normal mode, run an online antivirus check from at least two and preferably three of the following sites
BitDefender
Computer Associates Online Virus Scan
Panda's ActiveScan
Trend Micro Housecall
Windows Live Safety Center Free Online Scan
This scanner from Trend does not require an Active X to run.

1. Detects and removes malware ( viruses, worms, trojans, etc. )
2. Detects and removes grayware and spyware
3. Restores damage caused by malware to your system.
4. Notifies about vulnerabilities in installed programs and connected network services.
5. Multi-platform support for: Windows, Linux, Solaris.
6. Easy-to-use with the Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.[i]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users