Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Watch Any Video Types

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hoopyfrood

hoopyfrood

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 21 April 2007 - 05:53 PM

i have a dell 8250 in which i installed a dvd-rom from an older compaq that i used to have. since i moved the dvd to the dell i have been unable to watch dvd movies. dvd games play fine except the videos in them usually don't play. i was able to watch movies with a codec i'd downloaded on the compaq but that was with WMP9. Recently i became unable to open any video file with any player. the computer tries to lock up and the player has to be closed with the taskmanager. after that my machine runs slow and acts up until it is rebooted. i think this might be because i've installed and removed(possibly not entirely) several different codec packs in an attempt to play dvds. any help would be greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:20 AM

Posted Image to BC

There could be a number of issues at hand here. The shortest way is to do the following START RUN and type eventvwr. This will open a screen where you can choose from 3 options (Application System and Security) Please check there for red crosses, selec them them and post the contents here.

[url=http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic40108.html]Event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users