Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Drawer Problem?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 adrian3452

adrian3452

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:36 AM

Hi

dont know if this a hardware,software or virus problem!!!

when i try to eject a dvd /cd from the drawer on my laptop either by pressing the button the drawer or by using the eject option within xp - the light flashes on the drawer but it will not release and let my change /load a disc

any thought?

Adrienne

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:50 AM

There should be a small hole on the front of the drive which houses the Emergency Eject Button.
Stick an opened paper clip or something similar into that hole and the tray should open.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 adrian3452

adrian3452
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 21 April 2007 - 05:33 PM

Hi TMACK

Thanks for that - Im looking for a more permanant fix as this problem occurs all the time now

A

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2007 - 05:39 PM

Try taking a can of compressed air to blow all dust out of the drive. If this does not you have a failed relay in the drive, and would need to replace it.

Is the laptop still under warranty?, if it is, contact that manfacturer immediately.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,752 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:20 PM

Whatever software you may be using to play your DVD's may have an "eject" button as well. Also right clicking the DVD drive in "My Computer" will also give you the option of "eject".

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users