Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Quick Question !

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mastershake100

mastershake100

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:28 PM

uh how so you clean the registry or whatever that is when you type in the first letter in a serch bar and everything you typed in the past starting with that letter pops out the bottom? yeah i wanna remove that from my computer. can someone help me on that ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:35 PM

The history is not in your registry, so do not make any changes there; improper registry changes can seriously harm your operating system. You should be able, as I understand your problem, to change your browser settings to delete auto fill. If you reply telling us what browser you are using, then our Members can explain how to change the setting.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 mastershake100

mastershake100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:06 PM

using regular old IE internet explorer, i deleted firefox as i am switching comps and thats why i wanna clean this crap out. i am giving this computer to my neice and i dont want her seeing all the "adult" sites i checked out lol. so yeah how i get rid of that history under the search bar ?

Edited by mastershake100, 20 April 2007 - 09:39 PM.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:44 PM

Internet Explorer 5 and higher:
1. From Internet Explorer, choose "Tools" then "Internet Options";
2. From the "Internet Options" multi-tabbed dialog box that appears, select the "Content" tab;
3. Click the "AutoComplete" button;
4. Uncheck everything;
5. Click the "Clear Forms" button;
6. Click the "Clear Passwords" button;
7. Press "OK" to close the dialog boxes.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 mastershake100

mastershake100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:55 PM

Posted Image

you are awesome man thanks a lot :thumbsup: !!!

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:01 PM

Well, Thank You, and you are quite welcome. Glad it was successful.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:22 AM

If you are giving the computer to someone else, it might be a very good idea to wipe the entire hard drive clean, reinstall Windows, and then give it to them. There are just way too much personal information stored in all sorts of unlikely places on a computer, and you would be providing your niece with something like a really "new" computer.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users