Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Auto Partial On?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MaMister

MaMister

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:26 AM

Everytime when I turn on the AC, without pushing the power switch for the CPU, all the 3 fans.. CPU fan, back panel and side panel fun automatic turn on..... any idea?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:20 AM

I'm a little confused, are you turning on the switch for the PSU? If so, do the fans continue to run after a few minutes? And, have you checked to see if the PSU needs dirt blown out of it. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 MaMister

MaMister
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:35 AM

Actually before this when on the AC, the fan turning on itself and the hard disk light and the CD-RW light will keep blinking even I didn't on the cpu button

So I got a new power supply and change it, the blinking goes away but the fan thingy is still happening....

#4 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:03 AM

Before turning off the juice, are you shutting the computer completely down? Or are you putting it in stand-by mode?
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

#5 MaMister

MaMister
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:05 AM

It is proper shut down, the lights are all off....

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:04 AM

So after you shut down the computer in the normal manner you then turn off the AC either by the switch on the PSU or power strip/UPS? Why are you turning off the AC?

Edited by dc3, 20 April 2007 - 10:06 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 MaMister

MaMister
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:19 PM

If I shut down the pc by start button, it shuts down properly for windows and all lights goes off but the all 3 fans still spining....

It is ok that I just off the AC but just like to know what is going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users