Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Com Auto Restarts Twice Before Entering Desktop.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 aabeesee

aabeesee

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:00 AM

My com auto restarts twice ( or at least once) everytime i power it on before getting to the desktop. May i know what's wrong with it?

It says Microsoft just recovered from a serious error and when i look at the error reports. These are what is given to me.

C:\DOCUME~1\CHRISS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6a01.dir00\Mini042007-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\CHRISS~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6a01.dir00\sysdata.xml

any idea what's wrong?

Edited by aabeesee, 20 April 2007 - 12:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:30 PM

For a start, delete all of your cookies and temp files. run a scan with your anti-virus program. If you use a malware program, scan with that also
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 aabeesee

aabeesee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2007 - 02:33 AM

Have did the above. Nothing amiss was found. Tried searching for the files in the directory but they were not foun. Can someone please help? Thanks.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:46 AM

The first one is a memory dump file. Go to control panel> administative tools and look in event viewer and check around in there. Search for the file and see what it says. When you search for it, click on more advanced options and select show hidden files
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 21 April 2007 - 07:50 AM.

Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 aabeesee

aabeesee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:04 AM

I don't know how to find the files unfortunately but i've noted this warning about usernv. is it the one causing it?

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:57 AM

What does the warning about"usernv" say?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#7 aabeesee

aabeesee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:33 PM

Windows saved user [my computer name] registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

Funny enough, it didnt restart on me today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users