Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Works 7 Calendar Lost Data

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dtur

dtur

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:25 PM

I had to do a complete wipe and restore. I thought I was doing it right by having a solid backup (Norton Ghost). After completing the reinstallation of my software, I went to my backup to restore my calendar data from microsoft Works 7 which is very important to me. I cannot seem to find the data. Restoring Microsoft works 7 Doesn't populate the data that was in my calendar. I tried to restore selected items from C:/program files/common files, and the files from Microsoft shared with no luck. My computer prior to the restore was a real mess, so I do not want to restore a lot of corrupt files. Does anyone know where the data is stored?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:13 AM

From what I have read, mswkscal.wcd file is the calendar data file; I think it may be kept in a hidden folder, so be sure to do your search for it accordingly.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 dtur

dtur
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:55 AM

John,
thanks for the reply. I found the file this morning thanks to an unrelated knowledge base entry that hinted at the name of the file, MSWKSCAL.WS.

All is well again, the world is good, and I thank you sincerely for your effort!

Dave

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:57 AM

I am happy to hear that you restored your calendar entries. One of the problems with Microsoft products, at least from a user point of view, is that stuff gets stored in very unlikely places (paths and folders) and is difficult to find.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users