Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Crash

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 markmgk62

markmgk62

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:20 PM

Hi when i open up internet explorer all these pop up spyware ads come on 2 my computer and i try 2 put my cookie thing 2 medium..and it keeps resetting it to aceept all cookies and i dont know what 2 do..some1 plz help

*~ Mod edit - Moved to a more appropriate forum - rigel*~

Edited by rigel, 19 April 2007 - 09:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,574 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:43 PM

Which IE do you have?
Try to block popups and third party cookies using Internet options from the Tools menu.

A real, long term, solution is here and in many other sticky posts
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/1628/simple-steps-to-keep-your-computer-secure/

For starters, as soon as you can, install something like Spybot S&D and a good firewall.

#3 markmgk62

markmgk62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:01 PM

those are both on and i dont know which ie i have its..the original 1 when u have windows xp..its not 07 its the 1 before that..and i did do that and when i try 2 blcok 3rd party software when i put my cookies thing up 2 medium it just resets 2 accept all cookies...so i dont know what the problem is

#4 markmgk62

markmgk62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:14 PM

bring
up
my
post!

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:16 AM

bring
up
my
post!

markmgk62, is demanding a reply any way to get further assistance?

To try and set your cookies, open the Control Panel/ Internet Options/ Privacy Tab/ click Advanced. Check the radio button to Accept First Party Cookies and to Block Third Party Cookies.

If that doesn't work,install SUPERAntiSpyware . Run it in safe mode and allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#6 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 20 April 2007 - 02:43 AM

example screenshots 1
example screenshots 2
example screenshots 3
example screenshots rogue apps

If so, and if your using Win XP or 2000, follow the generic instructions for using SmitfraudFix in BC'sHow to remove the Smitfraud/Generic Zlob

Make sure you first read Problems Starting Your Computer After Running Older Version Of Smitfraudfix?

#7 markmgk62

markmgk62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:52 AM

i did that advance option thing..and it didnt work everytime i close out of internet explorer and go back in it goes back 2 accept all cookies..so i dont know wat 2 do and its only internet explorer when i sign in2 my sbc and click internet options it works out find it is set 2 medium....but internet explorer is the 1 that messes up....

#8 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:06 AM

Do you click Okay after setting to Accept First and Block Third Party Cookies?

Can you explain what kind of pop-ups you are getting?
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#9 markmgk62

markmgk62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:40 AM

yes i cliked ok...and uhh stuff comes up like fast psp downloads or spyware saying i have alot of viruss and 2 clear it u gotta buy stuff

#10 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:37 AM

Well lets concentrate on getting rid of this spyware then.

Install SUPERAntiSpyware. Run it in safe mode and allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
How to start Windows in Safe Mode.

Then run the online scan for BitDefender in normal mode. Allowing it to quarantine whatever it finds also.
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#11 markmgk62

markmgk62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:59 AM

is there anything i can do w/o installing or downloading something on2 my computer bcuz everytime i have a problem i come here and i spend more time downloading stuff (that doesnt even help) then actualling fixing the problem

#12 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:16 PM

You can just live with the spyware pop-ups on your computer that will get worse over time.

everytime i have a problem i come here and i spend more time downloading stuff (that doesnt even help) then actualling fixing the problem

Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#13 markmgk62

markmgk62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:30 PM

well damnit ive downloaded loads of crap and it seems 2 get worser everytime so ill try this program and if it doesnt work! imma b really ticked!!!

#14 markmgk62

markmgk62
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 02:35 PM

i did what you say safe mode scan and everything....still messed up i dont know y stuff isnt popping up nemore cuz i blocked the websites that were popping up..but i dont know if that means the prob is fixed...is there any other suggestions you can offer me please?

#15 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,574 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:56 PM

I understood from your first post that you have popups and want to get rid of them.
I gather from your more recent posts that you're tired of downloading stuff.
You've stated as a fact, that some of the popups tell you to buy stuff. THAT IS EVIDENCE OF INFECTION.

The solutions for diagnosis and cleanup from TMack are the steps to take to see what trojans, viruses or spyware you now have, and, possibly to cleanup, though it might take more than one scan till you eradicate all trash YOU have downloaded yourself.

TMack nor any member of the forum are not responsible for what YOU download. Instead, you got offer of the volunteers' time, in spite of the fact that you do not even spend your time to spell the words, making your writing rather difficult to read.

As far as other suggestions you're asking about - yes, protection, safe surfing and self-help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users