Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Somethings Wrong With My Harddrive

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mykieu

mykieu

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:59 PM

umm im new at this website and my hard drive isn't working
i try to put in a cd to run this program that would get my printer to work but it won't run
i tried to burn cds and it wont't burn and i end up having to throw a brand new cd away i really need someone's expert advice on this problem...now my printer won't work and i can't print out my papers for class please help me i even tried disk clean...but it doesnt work

please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:11 PM

Hello,

The problem sounds like it could be a number of things, if you right click on my computer select properties then select the hardware tab and click device manager. Can you see any conflicts listed on the page?

Can you go into a bit more detail about what happens when you try and install the printer software?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 mykieu

mykieu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 02:46 PM

ok when i put in the cd to run the program lexmark 3300 series for my printer it wont run theres a popup saying "found new hardware" and when i click on it theres a wizard bulletin that pops up and tells me click to see if it would run the lexmark 3300 series but it wont and its says something about a failure my computer runs smoothly except that now the hardware won't accept and run any cds i put into it, i cant run a cd or burn any cds basiciallly it doesnt work at all

#4 mykieu

mykieu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 02:49 PM

oops btw i checked the properties by going to my computer and it doesnt look like anything is wrong there

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:32 PM

ok when i put in the cd to run the program lexmark 3300 series for my printer it wont run theres a popup saying "found new hardware" and when i click on it theres a wizard bulletin that pops up and tells me click to see if it would run the lexmark 3300 series but it wont and its says something about a failure my computer runs smoothly except that now the hardware won't accept and run any cds i put into it, i cant run a cd or burn any cds basiciallly it doesnt work at all

You need to write down what the error says word for word or copy and paste it here. Is this a new printer that you are installing for the first time? Does the printer hook up to the computer via USB? If yes, did you run the CD first before attaching the printer? Go to Control Panel and dbbl clinck on "system". Click on the Hardware tab and select Device Manager. Look for yellow exclamation points by your CD drive or USB devices
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 mykieu

mykieu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:45 PM

ok i did what you have asked me to do and there is a yellow exclamationpoint by imaging devices 3300 series i clicked on it and then a pop-up comes up and i clicked reinstall driver and then hardwre wizard searches for it and it stops and a error popup pops up stating that the software you are installing for this hardware has not passed windows logo testing to verify it compatibility with window XP

but i think the main problem is that the harddrive wont run the cd needed to get the printer running and plus it wont run any cds i put into the harddrive

i dunno what to do please help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users