Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java_bytevent.s Infection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cubbygrl21

cubbygrl21

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:32 PM

Hello, my name is Jessie, and I have noticed in the last month my computer's performance has dramatically decreased. I keep my computer pretty well maintained using virus scanners and speed disks and other optimizing steps. I have a 1.6 g. processor, so i know thats not that fast, but I do have a Gig of ram, so I know how many programs I can have open before my computer will slow down. Like I said, I noticed the slowness about a month ago.

Basically from the very moment my computer has been restarted it is slow. Even the boot up is slower than normal, for instance when the windows logo comes up and there is the blue status bar loading, I noticed that it will lag about 4 or 5 times. What i mean is that the blue bar will freeze for a few seconds, and then it will continue but very slowly. On top of that once I finally get to my desktop it takes a good few minutes for everything to load, which is longer than normal. From the very get go, my system resources are almost always at 100%. I have gone through the processes running from the task manager and they all seem to be fine, but I know its possible to look legitimate and still be a virus or malware.

I did numerous scans with Norton, and nothing every showed up. I finally got fed up with Norton, and I uninstalled it because I was unhappy with its protection, it also used a lot of system resources. After uninstalling it, I installed a trial version of Trend Micro, and I intend on purchasing it. I did the online scan and immediately it found three instances of this java_bytever.s, however the online scan pretty much froze my computer, so I canceled it and just installed the trial version. I did the scan and found the same problems. after it was finished they were put in the quarantine, and then I deleted them. I am still assuming it is in my computer, because it is still pretty slow.

if anyone has any ideas it would be awsome!
thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:17 PM

Edit:

HJT log posted yesterday at 3:47pm
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry501920

Edited by buddy215, 20 April 2007 - 12:11 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 MusicGuy

MusicGuy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:08 AM

That vulnerability was patched years ago. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/MS03-011.mspx You said you keep your computer well maintained with virus scanners, do you run Windows Update on a regular basis as well?

If you do run Windows Update, then that report could be a false positive and the problem lies elsewhere.

#4 cubbygrl21

cubbygrl21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 02:50 PM

Yeah, I went to trend micros website, and it just told me to update my windows, but I have automatic updates, just to be sure I went to the Microsoft update page and it said my computer was up to date.

I posed a HJT log yesterday on a different topic. I don't know what to do, I thought the problem was fixed, because my computer was running a little faster, but now it is really slow. I cannot figure out what it is, my system resources are at 100%

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:04 AM

After posting a log you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc.) unless advised by a HJT Team member. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users