I'm not getting any hits on that .dll file. Did you spell it correctly?
Anytime you come across a suspicious file for which you cannot find any information about, you can submit it to jotti's virusscan
. In the "File to upload & scan
" box, browse to the location of the suspicious file and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.
Post back with the results.
If its confirmed as bad, then you can download FileASSASSIN.zip
and save to your desktop (this tool is compatible with Win 2000/NT/XP/Vista only)
- Create a new folder on your C:\ drive called FileASSASSIN and extract (unzip) the file to that folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 9x/2000 users click here.)
- Open the folder and double-click on FileASSASSIN.exe.
- Select the bad file to delete by dragging it onto the text area or select it using the (...) browse button.
- Select a removal method. Start with the default "Attempt FileASSASSIN's method of file removal"
- Click delete and the removal process will begin.
- If that did not work, start the program again, select the file(s) the same way as before and this time check "Use delete on reboot function from windows."