1. Computer stores sell some sort of locks for laptops
2. If you get a long chain, hook it to something at the meeting, that won't move out the door with your laptop
or just carry it with you
3. I don't remember, I think F2 takes you to BIOS during booting, kinda risky to do
4,5. Control Panel and find users entry, set'm up there - one admin, one non-admin with a password
6. Right click desktop, navigate to screen saver under properties and set a timeout and require a password
7,8. See tutorials, each firewall is different
9,10. Right click directory, properties, sharing, read options - basically Make this folder private is what you want and do not share the folder on the network
11. Right click directory, select Winzip (or equivalent), zip it, attempt to unzip to make sure the checksum is ok, delete source directory contents
12. I don't recall, may not even be available on XP, might be just on W2k
13. To a backup disk (best), or to a network drive at work, or to friend's computer. Depends how much data you have - a 512meg flash drive goes for $10 these days. Much of it also depends on WHAT data you want to keep private.
Sorry, this is a bit cryptic, hopefully less than my first answer, but I've just ran out of time
Edited by tos226, 19 April 2007 - 10:03 PM.