Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar & Binder

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:50 AM

If you use Office XP, well i know this works.

Office XP does not come with Binder As Office 2000 did.
go to the sight at the bottom of this message and it will tell you how to put it on XP.
click on the link.

I had this Office shortcut bar problem In Office XP no way i could get it to load on windows start up. So i tried the same way as binder for office 2000 shortcut bar.

I just installed office 2000 shortcut bar the same way as Binder.
Now it loads on windows startup. (Note: if you install binder from office 2000, detect and repair before office 2000 shortcut bar, then install office 2000 shortcut bar but don't detect and repair otherwise you end with xp shortcut bar. (Make sure you inser the office xp CD and click add/remove components and click office tools select shortcut bar and click not available. to remove the XP one so you only get the 2000 version)

Now everyone who has Office 2003 knows that it doe not have the shortcut bar.
If anyone would like to try this with office 2003, Use Office 2000 as it loads on windows startup some reason XP doesn't (if XP shortcut bar does though let me know) If Office 2000 won't work for 2003 Edition try Office Xp cd. (The only thing with office 2003 icons on the shortcut bar is they won't appear the same it's in the microsoft office sight explains why - it's something to with the clouring in 2003)

Let me know how it goes. any trouble please let me know and i'll try to help.
I'm not computer smart but i find out things sometimes.

The trick came from this sight, but i thought i mension if someone try office 2000 or office xp install on office 2003 for the office shortcut bar. you can go here for the instructions.

[IMG]http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1162488,00.asp[/IMG
or try here

http://www.cs.queensu.ca/~crane/blogs/tips...one-but-not.htm

I thought i better put the sight down for you to go there for copyright reasons.

Edited by Izzy, 13 January 2005 - 05:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:31 PM

I'm just making it easier to understand

The link to get to the sight for the instructions to install Binder is on the first page at the bottom.

Office XP doesn't have Microsoft Binder (I don't think Office 2003 has either)

But go to link it tells you how to do it.

Office 2003 doesn't have the shortcut bar, so
follow the same instruction to install Binder (instead install SHortcut Bar) go to the link there is the instructions.

If you Office XP shortcut bar doesn't load on windows startup, insert Office XP Disc, Add/Remove Components, Office Tools, Shortcut Bar (Click on the little arrow on left side click not availble then click update) this will remove XP Shortcut bar. Then just follow the instructions as for binder for the office 2000 shortcut bar.

I was told shortcut bar does work for Office 2003 but the icons won't look very good. You ccan try it if you want.

Also can try the Binder for Office 2003 too.

http://Webpage

#3 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2005 - 03:02 PM

Office shortcut bar does work for office 2003, my neighbour had office 2003
and it's good, just the icons look terrible as it can't display the icons style that 2003 has, you could change the icons if you wanted to. i was told it's just as easy to pin your office icons to the start menu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users